MT HEALTHY FIGHTING OWL MARCHING BAND
2021 Marching Band FAQS
When are rehearsals and how often do we practice?
- The marching band meets 2 times a week after school. Rehearsals are 2 hours in length. Rehearsals are from 230-430pm Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can absolutely be in another sport and participate in marching band at the same time!!!
How much does it cost?
- As of now we are still determining the cost for which will depend on the school’s budget. The minimum amount due would be 50.00 which covers a tshirt, extra activities, etc. This may be increased if end up going to Kings Island.
- Reminder: If you have participated in marching band previously and you still owe for previous years, this has been added to your fees and you will not be able to participate in Prom or Graduation if all fees have not been paid.
When is Band Camp and do we have to practice over the summer?
- Band Camp is August 2-6 from 9am-12p
- Week of August 8-13 band camp is from 5pm-8pm.
- This is MANDATORY for all marching band members.
Do I have to attend band camp?
- YES – This is where we learn all our music and show drill. You will not be able to learn the show without attending band camp.
What is a typical day at band camp like?
- A typical day at band camp will start consist of stretching, music, visual drills, and learning sets for our halftime show. It is important that you eat a good breakfast and wear comfortable clothes since we will be outside
How do I sign up?
- Visit www.mthealthybands.com to register. All paperwork and online Registration is due by June 3rd.
- There may be additional paperwork needed
Where can I get music?
- All music will be posted on www.mthealthybands.com
What do I need for band camp?
- Comfortable athletic shoes
- water bottle