· There are several students/families that have not turned in candy money yet. This money is PAST DUE. Please contact Lori Jones ASAP. 513-889-8272 firstname.lastname@example.org
· If you don’t contact Lori Jones by Monday 2/13 by 7pm the amount you owe will be placed on your school fees and you will not receive your band account credit.
Pasta Dinner Concert this Saturday 2/25 -- performances/dinner from 4-7pm
· Please see the attached flyer for information about tickets!
· Pre Order discount deadline is Tuesday, Feb. 21st.
· This is a big fundraiser for the band program.
o Anyone (including student) wanting to eat has to buy a dinner.
o Anyone that just wants to listen to the concert (besides performing students) must either buy a dinner or purchase a ticket.
o We are looking for parents that are available to work a short shift. If you are interested in help please contact Lori Jones 513-889-8272 email@example.com
o Are also in need of desert and COKE product donations.
· Normal concert dress code, check the syllabus (on the website) for details. High school students will be wearing our new concert uniforms.
· Call Times/Locations
o 6th Grade call time 3:00pm in the Café; 6th Grade performs at 4:00
o 7th Grade call time 3:30pm in the Band Room; 7th Grade performs at 4:30
o 8th Grade call time 4:00 in the Choir Room; 8th Grade performs at 5:00
o Concert Band call time 4:30 in the Band Room; Concert Band Performs at 5:30
o Symphonic Band call time 5:00 in the choir room for individual warm up time. Move to Band room at 5:30 for group warm up/practice; Symphonic Band performs at 6:00
o Jazz Band be ready to play at 6:00; Jazz Band performs at 6:30
Symphonic Band Auditions
· Students in grades 8-11 that want to be a part of Symphonic band must audition.
· Auditions are tentatively scheduled for March 13th and 14th after school.
· Audition music will be out ASAP.
Next Band Booster Meeting
· The band boosters are a group of parents that help support the band program. We need your help!! Come join us at our next meeting Monday, February 13th at 7pm in the band room.
· We will be organizing the new high school concert uniforms and discussing the upcoming marching band season. It is important that all officers attend so that we can get the uniforms ready for the students.
Symphonic Band only
· SB only- Afterschool Rehearsals are part of your grade! Rehearsal are 3:30-5:30pm
o Monday 2/13
o Wednesday 2/15
o Wednesday 2/22
o Wednesday 3/1
o Tuesday 3/7
o Thursday 3/9
- We will have a rehearsal some time on Friday 3/10 please let McElroy know if you have a time preference/constraint.
- SB only - OMEA Contest Saturday 3/11 at Harrison High School